- I am an independent audio documentarian based in Santa Monica, CA
In January 2015, I was a DC resident and enrolled in a community radio production course through Takoma Radio- a hyper-local station that reaches 100,000 individuals in three mile radius. Immediately, I fell in lust with audio as a craft.
My methods and style draw on my training in cultural anthropology.
- Stories are never neutral.
- Intensive research of subject matter.
- Intimate conversations about personal struggles and joy will be most powerful.
- Focus on ethical stories and fair representation of interviewees and subjects.
- Audio stories can build platforms for the unheard and discounted and forge alliances, reveal inequalities, and integrate the disability community.